In alignment with the goals, values and guiding principles of the University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union, all landlords and tenants
should commit to nurturing safe, positive and inclusive living spaces
for all potential tenants and roommates regardless of their individual
self-identification (i.e. gender identity or identities, sexual
orientation, nationality, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc.)
The USSU also strongly recommends that all landlords and tenants
undertake online training in order to better understand the concept of
positive space in general, as well as specific issues regarding gender
identities and sexual orientation (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,
Transgender, Transsexual, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Queer, and
Warning Signs of Possible Fraud
1. Never send money or money orders to anyone.
2. Unable to perform a credit check on a prospective tenant, i.e., wrong or no social security number.
3. Emails are overly polite, very poorly written or express excessive eagerness to rent without having inspected the property.
4. Tenant does not send funds as promised or delays providing requested information.
5. Email is sent from another country or the tenant claims to live in one country but email is sent from another with inadequate explanation.
6. Beware of comments such as, "I need to hear from you today", "I am arriving next week and need to establish residency" or any indication of extreme urgency early in your communications.
7. Tenant asks you not to cash a rent or security deposit check, or asks you to purchase items or contract services on his behalf.
8. Finally, never provide your bank account number, bank routing number or other financial or personal information.
To make a change on your completed ad or to delete it from the registry, please contact us during business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) at 966-6962 - or email firstname.lastname@example.org
||We are currently updating the system for submitting your housing ads and expect it to be online mid-May 2013.